My students thinking and writing!
My core beliefs:
1. I believe that all students want to be successful.
2. I believe that students want to be heard.
3. I believe that grammar will follow conferencing.
4. I believe that students should be able to use computers or pencils to write.
5. I believe that all students and teachers should have specified writing time every day.
Dinner Party Dialogue
Follow the link to find a Writing Based Learning project that is super fun.
Please watch this youtube video, with your headphones and then write for 10 minutes about the outcome.
Ask students to trace their hands in their writer’s notebooks. Students should leave these blank while they listen to the reading by Sarah Kay of her poem “Hands.”
credit: The Quickwrite Handbook, Linda Rief
After listening to the poem for two to three minutes write:
- jot down phrases from Sarah Kay’s poem that grab you or remind you of something in your life
- borrow one of the lines or phrases and write down as all that you think of
- when you have time jot down some ideas for things you could write about